Last year, we profiled free government trade-related data and tools that can provide insights and identify opportunities for exporters in the global marketplace. Many trade-focused U.S. federal agencies offer free videos to help stakeholders learn about the facets of exporting as well. Below is a list and description of several resources.
- The How to Export video series from the International Trade Administration (ITA) is an excellent starting point for those who are interested in learning about the fundamentals of exporting. There are a total of 24 videos across six categories that can be viewed in about 75 minutes. The categories include Get Ready to Export, Plan Your Market Entry Strategy, Find Foreign Buyers, Get Paid and Finance Your Export Transactions, Make the Export Sale, and Managing Challenges. ITA’s Financing Export Transactions video references EXIM’s Working Capital Loan Guarantees, Direct Loans, and Export Credit Insurance programs.
- Also created by the ITA, the more specialized Exporting Mechanics Training video series offers 44 videos across 12 categories that can be viewed over several hours. The series covers: eCommerce Best Practices, AES / EEI Regulations, Export Control Basics, ATA Carnet 101, Sanctions, Export Administration Regulations, Export Licenses, ECCN Classification Numbers, Letters of Credit, U.S. Harmonized Tariff Classification Numbers, and Duty Drawback and Refunds.
- The Bureau of Industry and Security, a department within the U.S. Department of Commerce, administers the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) which regulate the export and re-export of most commercial items. The Bureau’s Online Training webpage features videos about export controls, creating an effective export compliance program, and related topics.
- The ACE AESDirect Walkthrough Series from the U.S. Census Bureau provides information about submitting Electronic Export Information (EEI) into the Automated Export System (AES). EEI filings from U.S. exporters contain information such as the type, value, and origin of goods which are used by government agencies for several purposes, such as checking for export compliance.
- EXIM Trade Finance Solutions for Exporters, Lenders, and Brokers is a self-paced introductory e-learning series that comprises six training modules: Course Introduction, Introduction to EXIM, Overview of EXIM Policies and Mandates, EXIM Solutions, Disbursements, and Claims. Registration is required.
Another EXIM video resource is the Customer Stories page which highlights the exporting stories of EXIM customers, including their financing challenges and how EXIM provided support. To learn how EXIM can help your business export more competitively, please click here to schedule a consultation request with an EXIM trade finance specialist.