Are you looking to build your bottom line through new export sales? If so, please join the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) and our federal partners for a series of virtual roundtables in celebration of Manufacturing Month 2021.
Manufacturing Day is an annual event held on the first Friday of October. It’s sponsored by the Manufacturing Institute, the nonprofit workforce-development and education partner of the National Association of Manufacturers.
The day kicks off a month-long series of events aimed at highlighting careers in modern manufacturing for students, parents, teachers, and community leaders. It also seeks to empower manufacturers to come together to address shared challenges in helping their communities thrive.
Make Locally, Sell Globally
These free webinars will feature successful U.S. exporters who will provide actionable insights designed to help you grow your company’s international sales.
The events also will provide an overview of federal government tools, resources, and services available to support U.S. companies of all sizes. You’ll hear about products available from EXIM, the U.S. Commercial Service, the Small Business Administration (SBA), the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), and the U.S. Census Bureau. A cross section of small businesses will explain how they worked with these government agencies to successfully boost their international sales.
With more than 95 percent of the world’s consumers living outside the United States, the focus will be on assisting U.S.-based companies tap into the global marketplace to expand their business and confidently export worldwide.
Manufacturing Month Webinar Lineup
- Manufacturing Day Celebration – September 30, 2 p.m. EST: This webinar, being held on the eve of Manufacturing Day, will provide an overview of federal resources available to assist U.S. manufacturers as they begin or expand exporting their products. It will feature a panel discussion with small business exporters who have effectively tapped federal government assistance to achieve global market success, including two EXIM customers:
- Craig Carson, President and CEO of Jeco Plastic Products of Plainfield, Indiana. A veteran-owned business, Jeco has used EXIM’s products to offer open account payment terms and reduce the risk of nonpayment by international customers.
Jonathan Szucs, President of Advanced Superabrasives Inc. of Mars Hill, North Carolina. The family-owned company exports to nearly two dozen countries and uses EXIM’s export credit insurance to mitigate the risk of not getting paid for international sales.
- Early-stage Manufacturers – Oct 7, 2 p.m. EST: This webinar will explore the idea phase, commercialization, and global growth journey of early-stage manufacturers. It will feature small businesses who have effectively tapped federal government resources available to help identify export markets and international customers.
- Trade Finance Tools – Oct 14, 2 p.m. EST: This webinar will discuss finance challenges and solutions available to U.S. manufacturers. It will include a panel discussion with public- and private-sector partners about ways to ensure businesses have the working capital needed to fulfill sales orders as well as the export credit insurance needed to protect themselves against buyer nonpayment while also having the ability to offer favorable credit terms. The discussion will feature trade finance experts, including Ursula Wegrzynowicz, EXIM Broker Account Manager, and Daniel Pische, SBA National Director of Trade Finance.
- Supply Chain Solutions – Oct 21, 2 p.m. EST: This webinar will feature a discussion facilitated by the Manufacturing Extension Partnership focused on supply chain solutions for small and medium-sized manufacturers. Seasoned manufacturers will discuss how to improve operations, reduce costs, and mitigate risk through effective supply chain management.
- Celebrando el Mes de la Manufactura – Oct 28, 2 p.m. EST: This Spanish-language webinar, in collaboration with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC), will feature Hispanic-owned manufacturers sharing their export success stories. It also will include federal agency representatives outlining export promotion resources.
Please join us for this series of webinars focusing on practical strategies and tactics for implementing a successful exporting strategy.